Francis Drummond and Company Limited (FD) is a specialized stock brokerage service provider. The company is a private limited liability company incorporated in accordance with the Companies Act in Kenya. It is a pioneer Member of the Nairobi Securities Exchange and has been in existence since 1949 and hence the reference “Broker No. 1”. It is licensed by the Capital Markets Authority and it is also an Authorized Central Depository Agent.
The firm is a Member of the Kenya Association of Stockbrokers and Investment Banks (KASIB), a trading participant at Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) and an Authorised Central Depository Agent of the Central Depository & Settlement Corporation Limited (CDSC).
Francis Drummond and Company Limited has established a solid reputation in its long existence as a trusted, dependable and innovative investment partner. It has played a leading role in the metamorphosis of the capital market in Kenya and the wider East African region by being involved in the following projects:-
- Establishment of the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
- Sponsoring broker for listing of several Companies in the NSE Co-sponsoring broker for the Uchumi Supermarkets Rights Issue
- Establishment of the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange
- Syndication in local projects such as Longonot Place
- Co-sponsoring broker of the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) IPO.
In 1996 the FD Chairman Mr. Ndung’u Gathinji became a Board member of the NSE and eventually rose to become its Chairman during the period 2003 to 2005. Our Chairman has also been the pioneer and long serving Secretary of African Stock Exchanges Association (ASEA) and eventually became its Chairman during the period 2004/2005.
The Company was the pioneer of on-line trading in the country and maintains a wide network of strategic partners including Tanzania Securities Ltd in Tanzania, Crested Stocks and Securities Limited in Uganda, Legae Securities in South Africa, Smith & Williamson in London and the USA to enable it offer its customers a wide range of investment opportunities.
FD’s trading and placement capacity arises from its very well diversified client base. High Net worth Individual Clients represents a significant share of the business.
The Company pioneered the market for the Diaspora segments vide its on-line trading service. Kenyans and foreigners abroad wishing to participate in the Kenyan capital market choose FD as their first port of call.
The Company has continued to perform consistently well in the secondary market and has established itself as a reputable player in the industry.
- Deliver world-class customer service.
- Operate with the highest degree of transparency, integrity and accountability.
- Conduct all business in a professional manner.
- Ensure our clients are always equipped with the most current and updated information to enhance their decision making power.
- Hire and develop knowledgeable team members with a passion for excellence.
To be the preferred provider of capital market services in and outside Kenya
To add value to our customers through knowledge, networks and wealth management expertise founded on trustworthy personalized service.